We’d like to encourage local business people to put themselves forward to become Enterprise Advisors for our future workforce.
The Careers & Enterprise Company, the Heart of the South West LEP and CSW Group are working with schools across Somerset, linking businesses with schools and colleges to support young people in making choices about their future career.
The network works with around 20 schools and colleges in Somerset. Each school and college is supported by an Enterprise Coordinator and an Enterprise Adviser – a business volunteer – who works closely with a local school or college to develop and build a careers plan that gives students multiple opportunities to get to know the world of work.
A number of high profile companies already work with the network and it is now keen to encourage more companies to participate in the Enterprise Adviser Network because it is a hugely worthwhile programme for both schools, colleges, businesses and Enterprise Advisers.
Being an Enterprise Adviser can be incredibly rewarding. It’s a great opportunity to:
- Use your experience and network to inspire young people and directly influence the careers and enterprise support they receive.
- Become part of a national network that inspires and prepares young people for the world of work.
- Address skills gaps in the local and national job market.
- Deepen your connection to the local community.
- Promote your business in local schools and colleges.
- Develop your own interpersonal and strategy skills.
There is monthly commitment to the role, however this is very flexible and one which can be negotiated with the school.
For more information contact Ben Mitchell, Enterprise Coordinator at Careers & Enterprise Company or find out more here.